Shattered... !!!

It was a really stressful day, on my way home, I still have to stop by the grocery store to get some food items, I couldn't leave the office on time because there was so much to do, but still i have to get home before Joseph does. He is my fiance and we live together in order to cut cost and save up for our wedding.
At the grocery store, I run into my colleague who is also buying food items, she likes to talk a lot, I keep glancing at my watch as she chatteres on about how she doesn't like the new printer sent to her office, and she is going to make a complaint the next day. I glance at my watch one more time, I am already one one hour late to start dinner, she finally notices how uneasy I am, and we say our goodbyes, I rushed off to pay the cashier, forgetting to take my change.
I drive into the compound and I notice that Joseph's car is already parked outside, and I check my cellphone and discover that he has called me severally... OH MY GOD!!! I dash into the house and enter into the sitting room, there he is with another friend from his office.
' where have you been?' he asks, not giving me a chance to say hello to his friend
' I'm sorry I worked late at the office and I had to go to the grocery store to buy somethings' my body is trembling now because I know what is coming' but he doesn't say anything and I walk away to get ready to start dinner.
Thirty minutes later after his friend left, he comes into the kitchen and stands behind me, his eyes are bloodshot from both anger and alcohol.
' How many times have I told you that I don't like getting home before you?' his voice is cold as ice and I can feel the shivers running down my spine.
'I... I'm so sorry' the words form a lump in my throat and i have to swallow hard, and I open my mouth to say something but the words are shut out by a heavy blow landing on my temple.

I fall to the ground, and he continues to hit me, blow after blow and punch after punch, I use my hand to protect my eyes, screaming on top of my lungs, but i know that no help is coming, I am on my own and all I can do is beg him to stop. He finally stops and he walks away, leaving me on the ground, sobbing and wincing in pain.
Leaving my shattered body and soul to mend...
SAY NO TO ABUSE...

Comments